Saturday, December 5, 2009

What doesn't kill you

Makes you stronger?

I'd like to believe that.

What do you do when people give you shit? The general reaction would be double that to the person who abused you in the first place. Not only didn't I do that despite my horrible temper, I offered my own face to be slapped willingly and did it with a smile on my face. It wasn't easy. Not at all but I did it anyway.

It hurts me so to know the person I love the most has wronged me. But it hurts me even more when that person knowingly lie about things and then blamed me for being very difficult to be honest with when confronted. Don't you get that a lot? Well, I do.

It's not fair. Not at all. But, fair doesn't solve the issue at hand. Getting your justice won't make the person understand his mistakes and repent. Forgiveness doesn't come freely. To be forgiven you must ask for forgiveness in the first place. I guess I have a bad habit of forgiving people even before they apologize. This consequently encouraged selfishness and insensitivity. Plus that with stress, you've got a bomb on a ticking clock. Anything you do that heats up the temperature a bit and it'll explode right in your face. All this is my fault as I ticked off the bomb by exposing the truth which is hard to handle (else why lie in the first place), right?? Right?

That's how the person sees it anyway. But like my sister told me, this is not the time to find fault and point fingers. If my honesty, truth and confrontation approach is not working then fine, I guess I'll just have to stop it. It doesn't matter who or how you are, it's how you deal with what and how people are.

I'll still stand by you. No matter what or how you have changed into. You're so hurted by the world that you've taken it out on me. But it's ok. "If someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently..Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." - Galatians 6:1-2

I'm wounded but I'll heal. He who is faithful is with me and will carry me. But you, you don't have anyone else but yourself. It hurts me to see you like this. Not of pity, but of love. Love which was given by God himself. "..Since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us." - 1 John 4:11-12

And I will love you. I know I always say you're pushing my limit which you are. But I can only continue to pray for God to keep reminding me of His will and strengthening me at the same time.

I really want to see the day you make it. And then I can proclaim "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13. So as long as I can help it, I will push through and soldier on. "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." - Exodus 14:14

No comments:

Post a Comment