Monday, December 14, 2009

Love

I feel like one of those housewives who sit at home while their husbands are out slaving so they can bring the bacon home at night. If doing manicure, shopping, having tea parties with other equally bored and pampered housewives are what this life is about, then no, I don't think I'm up for it.

I know there're heaps more I can do, but I'm just too lazy. Can you believe it? I'm even too lazy to go shopping. *sigh. Spending money is just not good. But if I don't, what am I supposed to wear on Friday?

Anyway, my girlie and manja self would normally have sent 100s of sms to my poor BB at work for some attention by saying how much I love him, if he misses me too and yada yada yada. But knowing if I do so, it'll only disrupt his busy schedule at work and distract him which is a big no no especially when he can be doing something big soon. Well, even if he's not busy at work and is currently chatting or just bumming around in the office, I still want to believe that he is actually working very hard to get paid. There's so much more potential in him which other people may not see and I really can't wait for the day he finally shines through and be able to make influential decisions that would make a great impact in people's lives.

I love him. So so much. And I don't know why. Funny isn't it when your heart just settles on someone and you just can't choose what to do with it.

I'm reminded again today to be a good 'wife' or companion.

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment..instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." - 1 Peter 3:3-4

If it is worthy to God then it must be worthy to my man too. And I'd want to do what is needed to please both of these great men in my life.

Out of love, I will improve myself, and be less needy but more accommodating, gentle and quiet for his & His sake. I will do my part in being a better person and partner so as to not burden him but to make Him proud too. I want to be someone whom he can rest his shoulder on, and whom He is pleased with.

For love, I will do my best and I want to continue to seek His guidance in molding me to be what He wants me to be.

Thank you for everything in my life and for this peace I feel in my heart.

"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of your life." - proverbs 4:23

I know my heart is guarded, for I have surrendered it to the Lord, and He has put it in his hands, which I know will slowly learn to treasure it through Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment